Thursday, November 21, 2013

Healing Through the Psalms - Day 301

Healing Through the Psalms
Day 301

The book of Psalms provides great comfort for those who are suffering in pain.

"Certainly when someone has lost a husband, wife, a very dear friend, or perhaps a child, there is an awesome gaping hole of loneliness," says Dr. Ray Pritchard. "One of the best things I know to do is to open to the book of Psalms and to read those great psalms where David, with those same feelings, is crying out to God."

Let words of Scripture be your prayers to God. Choose a psalm to pray each day. Here are a few to get you started: Psalm 5, 23, 31, 40, 57, 61, 69, 86.

"I wait patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord" (Psalm 40:1-3).

O God, I trust in you. You are my refuge, my rock, and my daily help. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment