Thursday, November 21, 2013

Joy Comes in the Morning - Day 302

Joy Comes in the Morning
Day 302

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5 NKJV).

God's promises in the Bible are for you. Choose to embrace them and live them out in faith. Beth, who lost both her husband and her mother within a year, read God's promise in Psalm 30:5 (above). Not only did she find comfort in this verse, but she also acted on it in faith.

She says, "I had a difficult time in the mornings waking up, facing the day; it's sort of that 'what do you have to life for?' feeling. So, particularly special to me was that verse about joy coming in the morning. Every morning I'd say, 'Lord, what day is my joy coming? What day is my joy coming?'

"Finally I woke up one morning, and my joy had returned. That doesn't mean that I was find from then on. It doesn't mean I didn't cry and break down and so forth. But there was that peace and that joy that had been missing for those months. It was just wonderful to have that back again."

Lord, I believe Your promises. May my actions be a reflection of my beliefs. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment