Friday, November 1, 2013

The Road to Heaven - Day 279

The Road to Heaven 
Day 279

Do you know how to get to heaven?

The Bible clearly states there is only one way to get to heaven: "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6).

A person cannot enter heaven through good deeds and moral behavior. You cannot enter heaven by attending church or by having Christian parents: "This [is] not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Eternal life is a free gift from God, but it is only given to those people who believe in and surrender control of their lives to Jesus.

"He who believes in the Son [Jesus] has eternal life" (John 3:36 NASB).

Lord, I want to make sure that I'm going to heaven. And I want to live each day with the knowledge of my eternal destination. Thank you, God. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment