Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Prayer is Vital - Day 294

Prayer is Vital
Day 294

The moment you surrender your life to Christ, the Holy Spirit comes upon you and lives in you to guide you and intercede for you. When you do not know what to say to God, when words completely fail you, the Holy Spirit is always there speaking for you.

Dr. Norman Peart says, "It's somewhat like in a wartime scene where there are those who are right on the edge of the battle with the walkie-talkies, communing back with the base and saying exactly what was needed on the front. In that period of time, I believe the Holy Spirit is doing more than most people give Him credit for or realize."

Through the power of the Holy Spirit you can do more than just exist from day to day. You can live life at a higher level than the world has to offer. Listen to His Spirit today. Believe that His awesome presence is filling you. Trust that He knows what you need better than you do.

"In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the heart knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).

Holy Spirit, I do not know the words to pray. Intercede on my behalf because You know exactly what I need. I bow down before you  now with a listening heart. I want to experience the fullness of Your Spirit within me. I want to live Your way. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment