Friday, November 1, 2013

Grow Closer To God - Day 278

Grow Closer To God
Day 278

In moments of grief you always have the choice of how you are going to respond. Dr. Ray Pritchard describes Job's response to his intense losses and tragedies: "The Bible says that when he had lost everything, he bowed his face before the Lord, and he worshiped.

"When you face those moments when the entire world has turned against you, you have a choice. You can either turn away from the Lord and walk away from the only hope that you have, or you can fall on your face before the Lord and say, 'Oh God, have mercy. Oh God, I do not understand, but I do believe that You are the eternal God, and I commit my soul to You.'

"If you let your grief lead you back to God, in the end your soul will be purified, and you will come into an experience of God greater, deeper, and closer than you have ever known before."

Job chose to worship God and in the end was blessed abundantly.

"Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said, 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.' Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God" (Job 1-20-22 NASB).

God, You are powerful and living and real. Have mercy on me; I do not understand why I am going through this. Bless me, Lord, I want to experience You deeper and closer than ever before. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment