Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Powerful Prayer - Day 293

Powerful Prayer
Day 293

Prayer is powerful. Never underestimate what prayer can accomplish. James 5:16 says that the "prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." Come confidently before God with your prayers, knowing that He can answer above and beyond what you ask (Ephesians 3:20-21).

Melissa shares one of the many times God answered her prayers after her husband died: "One evening I came home, and I didn't have any food. I had a little pack of soup in my pantry. That was it. I just prayed to the Lord and I said, 'Well, Lord, You know I'm glad to have this.' But being pregnant, I needed to eat more nutritionally. Also, I had only two maternity dresses, and I had started working and wanted to look nice. I just cried out to Him. He knew exactly what I needed. I was just sitting there praying, and as I was praying, a UPS truck drove up to my house and brought me a package. And in this package were ten brand-new maternity outfits, fifteen pairs of stockings, and cash so I could go to the grocery store."

As a Christian, you are doing yourself a great disservice by not tapping into the power available to you through God's Holy Spirit within you.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

So many times I don't trust in You, Lord. So many times I "logically" conclude that I might as well despair because my prayer could not possibly be answered. Forgive me. Your Spirit is life to those who believe. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment