Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Grief Recovery Tool Kit - Day 285

Grief Recovery Tool Kit 
Day 285

During a crisis, it is important to have the proper tools and equipment at your disposal. For the next few weeks, you will be introduced to several "tools" that will help you make it through grief and reconstruct your life. Pick the resources that best suit you.

In the Bible, David made the decision to seek God and rebuild his life after his son died (2 Samual 12). Dr. Norman Peart comments on David's decision: "David could not waste the rest of his life focusing upon the wrong, the hurt that was there. He instead had to build upon that life because at some point he was going to see the God he was aiming for."

The time has come to rebuild your life.

"They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit" (Amos 9:14).

Lord, what am I aiming for? I think aimless would be describe me sometimes. But I am willing to try these grief tools and rebuild my life one day at a time as I focus on You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment