Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Open to Change - Day 263

Open to Change
Day 263

Grief places you in a vulnerable position where change is daily and inevitable. Change can be threatening, and it is your nature to resist it. But your greatest opportunity for change can happen during times that are emotionally intense, and the death of a friend or loved one can open you up to new depths of spiritual experience.

Heidi, a widow, says, "People would say to me, 'Heidi, I just wish I had some of your strength.' And one of the things that I would say to them was, 'If you've gone through the situations in your life like I have, then you would have the strength that I have.' I've experienced a lot of things in my walk with God that have strengthened me. I think because I know who God is and I know His faithfulness in my life, I was able to say that this is not going to knock me down. This is a hard thing, but I have to trust in God."

You have the opportunity to experience unparalleled spiritual growth.

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13 NASB).

Lord, I want to be a willing student of You and Your Word. Show me how. Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment