Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Certain of Eternity - Day 265

Certain of Eternity
Day 265

You have heard the cliche "Life is short," but the words do not impact you until you experience the death of a loved one.

"My mom was fifty-six years old when she was diagnosed with colon cancer," says Dr. Robert Jeffress. "The doctor said, 'You have four months to live.' Because she was a noted personality in Dallas, Texas, several TV stations came out to interview her before her death. They said to her, 'Mrs. Jeffress, how does it feel to know that your case is terminal, that you are going to die?'

"This is what my mom said on that interview: 'We're all terminal. The only difference is some of us realize it and some of us don't.'"

You understand the hard truth of that so-called cliche. What will you do with this knowledge? Yes, life on earth is short, but life beyond the grave lasts forever. Be certain of your own eternal destination.

"He who believes in the Son [Jesus] has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" (John 3:36 NASB).

Lord Jesus, You are my Lord and Savior. Forgive me for my sins and failures. I yield control of my life to You. Teach me how to live for You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment