Monday, October 21, 2013

Hearts of Compassion - Day 271

Hearts of Compassion
Day 271

Jeffrey and Wendy's infant son died. They share how this tragic experience has given them hearts of compassion for other people in grief:

Wendy says, "I can have much more compassion for others because I know how hard it was. I know that sick feeling in the pit of your heart that you think is never going to go away. I had that same feeling for so long."

Jeffrey shares, "It's made me have a lot more compassion for others because now I can look at them and the emotions come back. I know that some people want to be left alone in grief and some people want to talk in grief, and the Lord has just given me a heart to be able to distinguish between the two."

You may be in a situation in which you feel you have not received any compassion for yourself and almost begrudge the thought of trying to help others. God has compassion for you, and He never withholds it. He loves you deeply.

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! (Isaiah 30:18).

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion for you" (Isaiah 54:10).

Lord God, Your unfailing love and compassion for me are amazing. Even when I rail against You, You love me just as much. Show me how to have Your compassion for others. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment