Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Do Not Try to Do It Alone - Day 248


Do Not Try to Do It Alone
Day 248

One of the benefits of being a part of a church is that you do not have to move through this process alone. There are friends and companions to go on the journey with you.

Gretchen says, after her husband's death, "When I got in Bible study, that just really opened up my whole life. That is what has really made me a different person. I met new friends there, and one of them is my praying friend. We just call up each other and cry on each other's shoulders and pray for each other and open our hearts to each other. Things like that are really what keep me going."
Get involved with a local Bible study or church group. You do not need to be alone. 

"Every day they [the believers] continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts" (Acts 2:46).

Father, with You I am never alone, but I need the companionship of friends who will carry a portion of my grief as they listen to, laugh with, and cry with me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment