Friday, August 23, 2013

Your Spiritual Life - Day 210


Your Spiritual Life
Day 210

Perhaps you have not explored your spiritual life in too much detail. You may feel uncomfortable doing so, or maybe you don't know where to start.

Begin with the prayer "God, is there something more for me?"

"Then listen for His answer in His Word," suggests Joni Eareckson Tada.  "Begin reading the Psalms, which are written by men inspired by the Lord of the universe, full of emotional heartache, turmoil, doubt, anxiety, and fear. Let God speak to you through those Psalms. Then go to the gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I would suggest starting with the book of John. Read about this God in flesh, this Jesus who walked on earth. Read about the way He reached out to the widow, the hurting child, the mother with a fever, and the single woman scorned at the well. Read about His love for these individuals, and you will know and feel His love the same."

Discover the wonders of a relationship with the Lord Jesus. Become actively involved in reading His Word, and listen with your heart. 

"And he said to me, 'Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you'" (Ezekiel 3:10).

Lord, I want to be tuned in to You, but my mind is so easily filled with clutter. Speak to me in Your Word, and teach me to listen. Amen. 







No comments:

Post a Comment