Thursday, August 15, 2013

Moving Forward in Faith - Day 196

Moving Forward in Faith
Day 196

In the Psalms you read of men crying out to God with endless questions.

"I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered you, O God, and I groaned; I mused, and my spirit grew faint. You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak....

"Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?" (Psalm 77:1-4, 7-9).

These questions move from cries of despair to cries of praise to God for His faithfulness. The psalmists knew God's faithfulness. They knew that God would not only hear their plea for help, but that He would also be faithful to answer them. They were open and willing to learn from their suffering and to move forward with His help.

"Then I thought, 'To this I appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High.' I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples" (Psalm 77: 10-14).

Dr. Norman Peart encourages you to come to God with your questions and your heart cries and to move forward from that point, discovering what God would have you do for Him. Pray these words of Dr. Peart's:

"Lord, I don't understand. I'm asking You and being very honest with You. Please answer according to Your will, but also, can You show me how I am to deal with this? What would You have me to learn? How would You have me to operate from this point on?" Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment