Friday, August 2, 2013

Your Child May Need Further Help - Day 185

Your Child May Need Further Help
Day 185

When children grieve, they do not have the same capacity to understand death that adults have. Be aware of any changes in your child's mood or any odd behaviors that may indicate confusion or a misunderstanding of death. Get your child to talk to you, and explore his or her fears and questions together.

Heidi shares, "About a month after my husband died, my son was very angry. My mother had come to stay with us for a while and had been there for about a month. I think his thinking was that if she'll leave, my daddy will come back. He became very angry toward her and wanted her to leave. It was at that point that I realized there was anger building up, and I didn't know how to deal with it because I was going through my own emotions. I did seek counsel for my son; we put him in counseling, and it was the most wonderful thing for him because he was able to talk out his feelings."

You may need to seek counseling for your child to help him or her open up further. Pray about this possibility, and always take time to talk to your child and teach your child about the true healing that only comes through Jesus Christ.

"God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes" (Revelations 7:17 KJV).

 Savior God, healing is found in You alone. Bond my family together in the unity of Your healing love as we travel this journey of grief together. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment