Friday, August 23, 2013

Source of True Healing - Day 211


Source of True Healing
Day 211

"Without a relationship with Christ, healing in every case will be superficial," says Dr. Larry Crabb. "I just can't face the depth of my pain without knowing Christ. Knowing Christ there's always hope. And the deeper the pain, the clearer the hope actually can become. 

"Without Christ, I can't face it. I can only face what a pill can solve. I can only face what an affair can solve. I can only face what drinking too much or eating too much or spending too much or crying a lot or watching TV or reading or watching soap operas can solve, which isn't real to me."

Think of the actions or activities that you have been pursuing in an effort to alleviate the pain. Christ's healing love will always go deeper than anything you could find on this earth. With Christ, there is forgiveness and hope, no matter how hard the struggle, no matter how deep the pain, no matter how unforgivable you may feel.

Read this miraculous promise that is available for all who call on the name of Jesus:

"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see" (Acts 3:16).

God, I try to escape the pain through a myriad of activities from busyness to tears. But the reality of my healing is found in You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment