Friday, August 2, 2013

Questions Are Natural - Day 189

Questions Are Natural
Day 189

It is natural to have questions when unwanted and unexpected loss comes into your life. The more traumatic the loss, the greater the questions.

Dr. Tim Clinton says, "Not long ago when I lost my mother, I struggled with the question why. Why so early? Why so quickly? When you ask why, you are in essence validating your own humanness and realizing you are not in control."

Express your questions freely, but realize that you cannot control your life or anyone else's. The sovereign God is higher than all, and His ways are beyond comprehension.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8).

Sovereign God, I have so many whys. I could go on and on, but nothing will change no matter how many times I ask. I do not understand this. I do not understand You. But I realize that I am not meant to. You, O Lord, are high above all, and I must give my questions to You once and for all. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment