Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Utter Satisfaction - Day 358

Utter Satisfaction
Day 358

"Heaven is going to be real," says Dr. Joseph Stowell. "It's not like we end up being clouds of mystical dust wafting through the universe. We're going to be real people, really reacting with a real God and His Son Jesus Christ.

"The heartbeat of heaven is going to be the fullness of unlimited satisfaction and joy in the presence of my Lord forever and ever and ever. Think about the most satisfying experience you've ever had in life. Heaven will be that moment multiplied by a thousand times forever, no end."

In the Bible, Paul knew that to be in heaven with Christ would be "better by far" than to remain on this earth. Paul longed to be in the joyful presence of God, but he understood that God wanted him to continue His work on earth first. Paul's desire on earth was to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to as many people as he could.

If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me. (Philippians 1:2-26).

Heavenly God, life with You in heaven would be better by far, but for now I will continue Your work here on earth. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment