Friday, January 3, 2014

Listening to God - Day 345

Listening to God
Day 345

The rushing and busyness that characterize many lives today can be detrimental to your health, not only your physical health, but also your spiritual and emotional health. Jesus shows you what you need to do in this biblical account of Mary and Martha.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, why don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:38-43).

When did you last stop and take the time to listen to God?

Holy God, You are worthy of my honor, praise, and undivided attention. Daily You try to speak to me, and many times I rush away from You with barely a nod. Right now, Lord, I will quiet myself before You and meditate on Your holiness and listen. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment